Pathgate Partnership Programme
Brief Description of the Pathgate Partnership Programme
Since its conception in 1994, tens of thousands of individuals have benefited from the Pathgate Partnership Programme. Over the years, countless students of whom many are refugees or from poor families have received sponsorship and other technical support for educational studies in both the UK and other overseas countries such as India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mongolia and Africa. Their academic undertakings range from primary school, to university studies and medicine. In addition, funding has been made available each month to support elders and children living in India, Mongolia and Nepal, as well as the sponsoring of doctors and health workers running hospitals, medical clinics, and other health care initiatives for both refugees and local people in India and Africa.
Recipients and Dharma Projects Sponsored by Pathgate Institute of Buddhist Studies include:
- Hospitals and Medical Clinics in India and Africa.
- Education establishments such as Ngagyur Nyingma Institute, Tibetan SOS Children's Village and Arlikumari Nursery School in India.
- Orphaned families in Rwanda with the support to enable them to rebuild their lives and to participate in the community as a family unit.
- Clean safe drinking water supply in Afghanistan and India.
- Construction and renovation of Buddhist temples and monasteries in India, Tibet and Mongolia such as Padma Sangag Chokorling and Tsogyal Shedrup Dargyeling Nunnery in India, Jongkhar Monastery in Tibet and Western Choir & Delgar Tsorgt in Mongolia.
- Translation, publication and free distribution of Dharma books to schools, libraries and Dharma Centres in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, USA, UK, Greece, Ireland, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Mongolia and many other countries.
- Offering of multi sets of Gangyur (sacred texts on Buddha's teaching) and Tangyur (commentaries on Buddha's teaching) to monasteries in Mongolia, Nepal and India.
- Donation of computers, scanners, laser printers, audiovisual equipment, and other Dharma support items to Dharma Centres and monasteries in the UK, USA, Canada, Tibet and India.
- Audio visual and photographic equipment to community projects for young people in the UK.
- Establishing Dharma Study Groups and Dharma Centres around the world.
- Production of Dharma films such as teaching videos featuring His Holiness Sakya Trizin, the Spiritual Head of the Sakyapa Tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Conservation projects in Malawi, Tanzania and Sri Lanka.
- Emergency aid to the victims of natural disasters such as famine, flood, blizzard, war, earthquake and tsunami.
- Construction of water-filtering facilities to provide clean drinking water to Tsogyal Shedrup Dargyeling - India's largest Tibetan Nunnery with over 1000 nuns.
- Other projects include funding for the completion of the new 60+ rooms' dormitory and a medical clinic; computers, scanner, printer for the library; improvement of the grounds and other facilities.
Pathgate Institute of Buddhist Studies is currently involved in a range of partnership programmes in conjunction with a selected number of organisations such as Penor Rinpoche Charity Foundation, Wisdom Heart Foundation, DharmaJewels, P.E. International, Tibet Foundation, Ethiopiaid, World Vision, and the Christine Noble Children's Foundation. Pathgate Institute of Buddhist Studies is also a supporter of many other organisations such as: Oxfam, Save The Children, Association For International Cancer Research, and many others.
The Pathgate Partnership Programme is entirely funded by the contribution generated from the teaching given by Lama Dondrup Dorje and from donations made by the students and friends of the Pathgate Institute of Buddhist Studies. To make a donation, please visit Support the Pathgate Partnership Programme for the Third World.